Welcome to RaisingMom.ca
Join two adoptive moms as we reflect on the journey through parenthood and adoption as it relates to our two families.
Explore children’s books through the eyes of kids and an experienced children’s literature reviewer Children’s Book Reviews
- Parenting While Grieving… tips from a mom who keeps failing, and showing up anyway - My Grief Experience After a 2.5 year cancer journey, my mom passed away last fall.
- It’s Not About the Boots!! – Tips for dealing when our kids [seemingly] try to manipulate us - The Problem - Child's Behaviour that appears Manipulative: I was following a conversation online recently
- The Magic of Delighting in Our Children - “We can give real worth to another person by looking them in the eye and
- Making Sure You’re Heard Without Yelling - Want Less Yelling and Better Communication?? Me too! Did you ever try that trick of
- 6 Strategies to Manage Technology Screen Time in Your Home - Screen Time: What’s Working in Our Home On the list of things that make me
Kids’ Book Reviews
- On Our Street: Our First Talk About Poverty by Dr. Jillian Roberts and Jaime Casap – Book Review - REVIEW OF THE BOOK: On Our Street: Our First Talk About Poverty* Authors: Dr Jillian Roberts
- Wild One by Jane Whittingham & Illustrated by Noel Tuazon – Book Review - REVIEW OF THE BOOK: *Wild One Author: Jane Whittingham Illustrator: Noel Tuazon Published by: Pajama Press Released:
- Bessie, Queen of the sky by Andrea Doshi & Jimena Duran – Book Review - REVIEW OF THE BOOK: Bessie, Queen of the Sky* Author: Andrea Doshi & Jimena Duran
- Hanukkah Lullaby by Ruth Abrams (babylullaby.ca) – book review - REVIEW OF THE BOOK: Hanukkah Lullaby* Author: Ruth Abrams Illustrator: Tia Mushka Published by: Baby Lullaby
- Canadian Lullaby Board Books by P.L. McCarron (babylullaby.ca) – Book Review - REVIEW OF THE BOOKS: British Columbia / Alberta Lullaby / Ontario Lullaby / Nova Scotia Lullaby,