Order from Chapters/Indigo, Amazon.ca or Amazon.com*
From the Publisher:
Follow along as Caroline Jayne Church’s adorable Love Meez preschooler Henry shows readers just what makes his robot so special! Love Meez stories help foster social and emotional growth for the preschool set. And with touch-and-feels, heart melting illustrations, and preschool-friendly text, I Love My Robot is a special book to love and read again and again!
A wonderful touch-and-feel book for infants and young toddlers. The illustrations are colourful and dynamic, yet simple and uncomplicated for young readers. The turning space/star wheel, sparkles and reflective mirror, and lift-the-flap additions on each page are attractive for little hands. The rhyming text contains recognizable words that move along in a pleasing cadence. It is a book that celebrates a child’s love for a special toy and is relatable for both boys and girls.
My 16 month old twins loved this book – both the girl and boy. They both responded well to the rhyming cadence of the text and we had fun completing the action words (e.g. explore, blast-off, zooming, etc.). I cuddled them, and they held their own favourite toy. It is a wonderful book for modelling action words, as well as discussion of bedtime routines.
- many of the words are action words and very do-able for parents (with their child) or children (with their own special toy)
- bright and attractive illustrations
- great vocabulary for a stimulating read-aloud
Why/How Use it with kids:
- have the child hold their own beloved toy as you read and relate the text to them and their favourite toy/stuffed animal
- create some special (and intentional) moments of play for your child with their favourite toy (e.g. tea party, flying to space, going to the zoo, etc.)
- draw a picture together of them and their special toy
- have the child help clean up with their special toy as a partner
About the Author:
Caroline Jayne Church works from a studio in Farnham, Surrey, England writing and illustrating children’s books, some of which have now been published in eight different languages. She has worked in every field of illustration, including advertising, packaging, character creation, card design and paper products. Her books have won several awards.